Preventing moisture and particulate matter from entering hydraulic systems plays a critical role in the performance and reliability of heavy machinery. This is particularly the case for equipment required to operate in harsh and humid environments, including those common across construction, forestry, agriculture, oil and gas, and mining applications.
Optimized for mobile applications, the Triceptor dessicant type breather is equipped to handle high airflow surges as cylinders unload, while providing reliable protection from ingressed contaminants. Controlling rust-forming water vapor and airborne particulates, the breather protects against sludge deposits and water-contaminated oil, resulting in longer filter life and lower operating costs.
Triceptor dessicant type breathers / air filters utilize a silica gel dessicant that has the highest removal capability by volume of any moisture absorption method. The breathers are also designed to minimize hydraulic oil mist from exiting the reservoir. Specially engineering filter pads remove solid particulates on upstream side and then regenerate by releasing those particles when airflow reverses direction. The lower pad removes airborne contamination and the second pad protects against any migration of desiccant.
Triceptor breathers are designed for simple installation on most equipment, regardless of mounting connection. The breathers also provide the added benefit of visual indication when disposable is required, as the silica gel will turn from blue to pink. Particle removal efficiency for Triceptor air breathers are 98.7% (beta 75) @ 3 micron; 99.5% (beta 200) @ 4 micron; and 99.9% (beta 1000) @ 5.3 micron.
Multiple breather sizes are available (127mm, 178mm, and 229mm) to meet the unique requirements of customers’ hydraulic systems.
- Oil and Gas
- Deck and mobile cranes
- Firefighting equipment
- Hydraulic presses
- Marine steering units
- Power packs
- Waste management, dump and fork lift trucks
- Waste balers
- Reach stackers
- Wheeled loaders
- Drilling equipment
- Industrial power units
- Prevents contamination and ingress of dirt, moisture, sand, dust, metal, etc. into hydraulic circuits
- Lengthens time in between required maintenance intervals, reduces operating costs, and extends overall equipment/machine operational life
- Threaded connection allows for quick and easy maintenance
- Silica gel desiccant has the highest removal capability by volume of any adsorption method
- Provides visual indication of when disposal is required by turning color from blue to pink
- Foam pads isolate the removal materials from contact with heavy reservoir mist and securely holds materials in place
- Specially designed filter pads remove solid particulate on upstream side and then regenerate by releasing those particles when airflow reverses direction
- A total of eight air intakes may be exposed to allow air to freely flow in and out of the Triceptor
- Durable shock absorbing casing provides reliable service and simple screw in
- Several adapters are available to provide the desired mounting"